Large Log Home Floor Plans That Will Make Your Jaw Drop
Imagine waking up each morning with the sun flooding your room with its warmth and energy. Or perhaps you prefer relaxing on your spacious deck, gazing at the night sky, blinged out with its sparkling finery. Your mind’s eye may envision lounging on a patio as the sun sets, a warming fire nearby to take the chill off the evening. The scene in your imagination can be brought to life and enjoyed for generations to come with a large log home.
The Majesty of a Large Log Home
As you cross the threshold of a log home, one of the first things you may notice is the sheer strength of the structure. Thick, surprisingly uniform logs, each with its own natural beauty, have been assembled to protect against the elements. They need no extra insulation or support against the stiffest wind and mightiest snowstorm. Large log home floor plans can incorporate vaulted ceilings and open spaces with more stability and grace than more modern looking wood and stone structures.
Log homes have been used for hundreds of years in the harshest of climates, with little maintenance required each year. Often the occasionally harsh conditions are accompanied by astonishing settings. Whether you choose to build on a hilltop overlooking the woods, the edge of a lake or river, or even in view of your favorite cityscape, a large log home is sure to provide a haven for many years to come.
Floor Plans for Any Style
Floor plans for large log homes have been developed with a huge variety of features to meet a household’s needs and wants.
- Modern amenities, including walk-in showers, soaking tubs, high-end appliances, and attached garages, are available to make you forget you’re in a large log home.
- Roomy kitchens tend to be natural gathering places when any number of friends and family get together. You might also want to include a little breakfast nook or bar so you can enjoy company while working on necessary food preparation.
- Decks and porches where the outdoors can be enjoyed while mere steps away from the comforts of home. You might choose a wraparound porch or a partially covered deck to protect from the elements and nature’s tiniest, unwelcome pests.
- Lofts for a cozy master bedroom or space to enjoy the view out of the majestic picture windows. Great for offering a little more space for those wishing for it while maintaining the inclusion of the great room below.
A Home for Generations
Large gatherings of family and close friends can be invigorating, but a little space is often needed to maintain individual comforts and enjoy company. Large log home floor plans offer a good balance between the coziness of a generational home and providing amenities for all. For example, a bedroom can be converted into a playroom or nursery for a family that includes small children. Likewise, a basement living area can make a wonderful gaming room for teenagers and adults alike, while the great room is spacious enough for all to gather for special occasions.
The most modern conveniences can be incorporated into a large log home floor plan:
- An office for remote work or a small home-based business.
- Fireplaces create a homey atmosphere and take the chill off after an outdoor excursion.
- Decks with space for a hot tub or sauna, maybe even an outdoor kitchen with a pizza oven.
- Mud and laundry rooms to keep the muck of the outdoors contained.
If you think a large log home might be right for you, Sierra Log & Timber has dozens of floor plans available. They also create custom plans to make your log home just perfect for you. Contact Sierra Log & Timber today to get started on the home in your imagination.