Why a Custom Log Home is the Perfect Luxury Escape
What is the perfect luxury escape? Some say freedom, not money, is how you can tell if you live in luxury. Coco Chanel said, “Luxury must be comfortable; otherwise, it’s not luxury.” From this, you could say that a luxury escape would be anywhere you can get away from everyday life, have the freedom to live as you wish, and have the comfort of enjoying that freedom.
Location, Location, Location
In the search for a luxury escape, the first thing many people consider is where they would feel most comfortable. Fortunately, here in the United States, we have a wide panorama of scenery to choose from.
- Secluded lakes and ponds where you can spend the day with nature, friends, and family
- Lush grasslands with rolling hills and little else for as far as the eye can see
- Wooded groves teaming with life and all the space you need to lose yourself while staying within shouting distance of home
- A high mountain meadow, surrounded by wildflowers, butterflies, and fresh, clean mountain air
- An arctic wonderland, complete with glacially jeweled rivers and frosted pines
- High on a bluff overlooking your private beach, the waves crashing in to fill the tide pools, and the sea birds soaring overhead
- Nestled in a lovely mountain pass overlooking your favorite metropolitan setting
Comfortable Entertainment Space
The best escapes to luxury are those that can include the friends and family that bolster your comfort. A large home with ample space for games, parties, elegant dinners, and other entertainment is perfect for gatherings of any sized family. However, it’s important to also have enough area for each person who needs a little alone time to sneak away to a reading nook or private balcony to enjoy the setting in solitude. Toasty fireplaces and stout walls to keep out the elements with soaring windows to view the tempest create the perfect setting for evenings of storytelling and snuggling with loved ones. Log homes have long been cherished for their durability and beauty in peaceful and inclement weather.
All the Luxuries You Desire
Owning a log home is not the hardship often portrayed in the movies. Any creature comfort to be had can be incorporated into your log home luxury escape. Sierra Log & Timber has dozens of floorplans for log homes, large and small, customized for your comfort. In addition, a wide range of features can be worked into your home’s plan to make it the perfect luxury escape for you.
- A spacious kitchen could be just the ticket for those who enjoy cooking or baking. Perhaps you could include a breakfast nook or lunch bar so you can enjoy the company of visitors while creating culinary delights. Large families might want several work areas around an island so helpers of all ages can get in on the fun.
- A private balcony off the master bedroom where you can step out and have your morning coffee could be just what you need for sanity maintenance. On the other hand, you might like a wraparound porch for lazy summer afternoons or a spacious deck with the grill producing mouth-watering delights for all to enjoy.
- Time indoors could be spent in a grand library, surrounded by books, comfy chairs, and a padded bay window seat. Or while away the afternoon in a loft with space to enjoy the view out the majestic picture windows. Perfect for those needing a bit more space while retaining the inclusion of the great room below.
If you’d like to see the luxury escape in your imagination come to life, contact Sierra Log & Timber today for an appointment to start working toward your comfortable freedom.